Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blog #1- Teen Pregnancy

  I chose to write about teen pregnancy because its a been a problem in my community for a long time and i would like to share my opinion on it. Many people use to look down on this problem but now for some apparent they feel they should glamourize it by making television shows like MTV's "16 and Pregnant" . A study was in 2006 that ranked which states had the highest rates of teen pregnancy from ages 15-19, Nevada was at the top with 113% Florida was not far behind at number six witha percentage of 96. I believe if you are a teen parent you should be ready to deal with the harsh obstacles coming your way like not being able to finish school and live the teenage life you should have, most likely if its a single parent they are going to probaly end up on welfare because they cant live on their own with another life to care for, and last its a very high health risk increase when its a teenage parent giving birth especially for the child. In short, Teen pregnancy is not something to glamourize with television shows or things of that nature.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Carey! I really like how you included your opinion and facts in this blog. The only thing I could say about this post is that maybe you should have wrote a bit more, but that doesn't necessarily matter much. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree that society is making teen pregnancy look better thatn it really is. great blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your opinion and agree that more people are displaying teen pregnancy as something glamorous good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey carey I like your synthax. I believe that everyone should know this statistic should be aware

    ReplyDelete